Monday, August 18, 2008

Recovery, Surgery and Moving Day!

We are praising God today that Christy is doing so much better. She actually went home from the hospital on Saturday. I went home with them and stayed until 7:30 last night, all was well when I left. Please pray that they can get settled into a good routine. They are currently working on daily living, her mobility is the issue. She isn’t allowed to put her foot on the floor at all, so small tasks like getting from the bed to the wheelchair are difficult. But they are doing great so far and I’m sure by the end of the week they will be pros at it. I would also like to praise God today for Pleasant Green Baptist Church. What a huge blessing they have been. God has used that church family in a mighty way to bless Josh and Christy, they have made it financially possible for Josh to stay home with Christy for the next few weeks. God is good!

Chris is having back surgery on Wednesday. I’m taking that day off to be with him then Ruthie (his mom) is coming to spend the day with him on Thursday. Pray that his nervousness calms down some. He’s getting a little worked up and worrying about the what if’s. Pray also that his pain in minimal between now and Wednesday and that his recovery is quick.

Kyle moves out on Friday! I’m taking ½ the day off to help him move into his dorm room. I can hardly believe that he isn’t gonna be around all the time. Our house is going to be so quiet! Not that he’s loud, but still. What will I do without him to lie on my bed playing with the dog while I’m ironing?!! I have a feeling that life is going to be very different. Pray that he and his roommate will become quick friends and that living with a stranger won’t be too weird for him. Pray that he does well and keeps his grades up while living away from home. Pray that his momma doesn’t cry everyday that he’s gone.

Thanks for keeping up with us and a HUGE THANK YOU for all the prayers! We love each of you so much and just want you to know how much we appreciate you.

Praising our Amazing Father,
Julie

No comments: