Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Prayer

I know that you guys have been more than faithful but I have a few requests. First, Christy needs to eat. I know, you're thinking this isn't really anything new and you're right about that. However, it's a little more critical now than normal. If she doesn't start getting some nourishment they are going to place a feeding tube. If you know Christy at all then you know that she will be pissed (excuse me there, but she will be) if that happens. Just pray that she has the desire and the strength to eat her meals.

Secondly, pray for Chris. He is absolutely miserable with his back. He had an MRI done this morning and we'll get the results of that tomorrow morning. He's upset that he can't be up here but now he's even hurting while sitting. And if you've read my previous post then you know sitting in a real pain in the butt around here. Pray that there will be some type of treatment besides surgery that will give him some major relief.

I want to thank all of you for checking up on us everyday but mostly for praying for my sweet baby girl. I'm glad to report that I've seen just a bit of her real personality today. I'm afraid if I ask her again to take just one more bite that she's gonna come up out of that bed and take me out. Honestly, that's what I'm praying for.

Love to all and keep up the prayers, we certainly can feel the love!

Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
We will continue to be praying just like we have. I have wanted to come by or even call, but I am sticking with emailing and posting because I know you all have soooo much going on I don't want to get in the way. So, just know I am here praying and will continue to pray for all kinds of miracles...like her woopin' up on you :) Love you guys so much, PLEASE let us know if we can do anything at all! We would gladly do it.
Stacy, and Philip too!

Julie said...

Stacy,

Thanks so much, you have no idea how wonderful it is to get all of the positive comments and e-mails. Once we get out of ICU visiting will be much easier for everyone. It's just kind of hard when we're back here and everyone else is out in the waiting room. Josh went home around noon today and I think he'll be back around nine tonight. He really needed the break.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for eating, Christy did a much better job with her meal tonight. It wasn't a full meal but she did manage to eat mashed potatoes, green beans, turkey and some applesauce. Not bad.

Please continue to pray for the swelling, she says her toes are really tight and hurting.

Thanks to all for your continued prayers!