Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cowboy Hospital

Today was a good day. I told Josh he should go home and spend the day, he left the hospital around noonish. Christy ate her lunch after he left and then went to sleep for a couple of hours. When she woke up it was bath time and Lori (a nurse) and I bathed her, including washing her hair for the first time in a week. I noticed right away that she was feeling much better. But the real turn around was when Dr. Neal, her Rheumatologist that she dearly loves, came to visit. When he confirmed to her that she was in fact at Central Baptist Hospital her demeanor completely changed. When Dr. Neal left she looked at me and said, "I thought you all were lying to me." She thought she wasn't gonna get any better and Dr. Neal had confirmed to her that she was in fact much better. Then she looked at me and said, "I had a dream, and please tell me that this isn't true, that I was in a cowboy hospital." I laughed my butt off and promptly confirmed that it wasn't true. She also thought she had to go swimming with her surgeon and his children. Drugs can do some strange things to a person.

Josh called me around 8ish telling me he was almost back and asking if I wanted any food. I said, "Hold on a minute." The next thing he heard was his wife saying hello to him over the phone, I could hear the excitement in his voice as he talked to her and she was able to clearly carry on a conversation with him. When he got to the hospital he said, "I couldn't get here fast enough!" We are both beside ourselves with excitement. I left the hospital tonight on one of the biggest highs of my life. She still has a lot of swelling, so continue to pray about that. But most importantly, join me in praising our Saviour for His mighty work in Christy's life.

One more thing to share. I checked my hotmail tonight for the first time in days. I get K-Love's encouraging word everyday. Today's word was from Matthew, chapter 10. When I read it I knew that I needed to write it down, so I did and posted it on the bathroom door at the foot of Christy's bed. Just after I taped it to the door Dr. Neal walked in. After he left and we had our laugh about the cowboy hospital she told me she was afraid. I said to her that God had just given me a word for her and I had taped it to the door. I read the following to her.......

So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. Matthew 10:31 NLT

So tonight I go to bed not afraid. Thanks to each of you for your faithfulness through all of this. Please keep up the prayers!

Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such great news and so moving... I admire your daughter's strength and your families faith.

Julie, you are a writer.

Theresa