Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Chris!

Today is Chris’ 41st birthday. Last year when he turned 40 I threw a big surprise party for him. Thanks to many lies (I’m sorry to admit that, but it was a surprise party) and the help of my friends, he was actually surprised. It was great fun. We ate, laughed and sang karaoke.

This year the celebration is a little toned down but the love has grown even stronger. Last year at this time we were a family of five, things weren’t perfect but for the most part we were happy and loving life. Then tragedy struck and ours lives were turned upside down, never to be the same again.

I guess the loss of a child is the very worst thing a mother can go through. Evidence of this fact is ever so clear on the grief board that I visit. We are a sisterhood of women who desperately wish we didn’t have the need to know each other. Child loss is a feeling that can’t be put into words, it’s horrific. But through the pain I am able to catch glimpses of hope and know that even though I don’t always feel so, I am blessed. One of my biggest blessings is Chris. I can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am that God brought Chris into our lives. I’ve said this before - he’s my rock. I have no idea how I would have survived these past 7 months without his love, strength and constant understanding. He’s not a perfect man, but he’s my man and I love him.

Happy Birthday sweetheart, I love you more than you know.

2 comments:

Lori said...

And to think, Chris told us he WAS perfect. ;) Seriously, you guys are such a great couple, and I'm glad you have each other to lean on through this suffering. Your marriage is a blessing to us, to say the absolute least.

PS: I think his birthday will never be complete again without you guys doing "Wild Thing" before a live audience. Just something to consider...

Melanie said...

You both are pretty perfect if you ask me and you guys have been great inspiration to me. I don't know if I know anyone with such strong faith. Chris is a wild and crazy guy and you are blessed and lucky to have a guy to keep you laughing. Now, about this Wild Thing.........????