Thursday, April 9, 2009

For Lori

My dearest friend. I love you so much, and the fact that you loved my girl just makes me love you more.

April 15th is one of the most special days of the year for me. On that date in 1980 I received one of the sweetest gifts I’ve ever been given, my precious Christy. Celebrating will be hard this year since she will not be here with us. But the day will be just as meaningful to me this year as it has been for the previous 29. I WILL celebrate her birth.

You shared this date with Christy in a way that the rest of us couldn’t. I know that in many ways it was probably great fun to share your birthday with a friend, but now your birthday has a scar - one that will always be there. For this, my friend, I am so very sorry. I wish there was something I could do to make it better for you, for all of us. But as you know, there is not.

I’m sure you will spend much of your birthday thinking about Christy. But when you do, remember all the birthdays the two of you spent together, try to focus on the good times. And join me as I celebrate a life that was more beautiful than any other I’ve known.

I love you Lori! Please pray for me as I pray for you.

Your sister,
Julie

No comments: