Friday, December 12, 2008

I Miss Christy!

This isn’t just being sad and grieving over her death, which is bad enough on it’s own. I miss her being here with us. Last night we had dinner with Josh, which was lovely, but Christy should have been there too. When I went to bed I felt a physical ache from not seeing her. My very soul misses my girl.

Her absence is most obvious when we’re all together. It’s all the boys and me. It used to be the boys sitting on the couch watching whatever sport happened to be on, and seriously it could have been a game that was actually played 20 years ago and they are yelling at the screen like it’s live television, while Christy and I were either in the kitchen talking or in my bedroom on the bed talking. I have a physical ache for her. I need to see her, to hear her, to touch her.

Please keep praying for me.

Missing Christy even more,
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does seem to be getting worse, doesn't it? I, too, am physically ill from the grief and loneliness. Today has been especially hard physically. I cancelled my dinner with friends in Cincy b/c I felt so crappy. Maybe it was the two month anniversary yesterday. It sure doesn't seem to be getting any better! I'll pray for you if you pray for me:)

Your pukey son-in-law,

Josh