Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Last Sunday night we had our church Thanksgiving dinner. Pastor David asked us to share amongst our table what we were thankful for. I couldn’t even open my mouth. Not that I’m not thankful, I am, I just couldn’t bring myself to say out loud that I am thankful. I guess right now I feel like I should be consumed with sorrow, who am I kidding, I am consumed with sorrow. Anyway, I do have a lot to be thankful for so I thought I would share my list with you.


I am thankful that Jesus paid the price for me. That He took my place. That He saved a wretch like me.

I am thankful for a husband who adores me, in spite of my shortcomings.

I am thankful for a son who loves Jesus. He also loves his momma!

I am thankful for a son-in-law who loves my daughter more than I could ever have hoped for.

I am thankful for an extended family who loves me. I had gotten to a place where I wondered if they did (my own ignorance, not theirs) but they have shown me just how very much they do.

I am thankful for friends who love me and are always there for me when I need, or just want, someone to talk to.

I am thankful for a daughter who taught me how to live in spite of pain and suffering.

I am thankful for the love that I feel everyday from a whole host of people.

This Thanksgiving is going to be a very sad one, but I still have much to be thankful for.

No comments: