Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What do I want to be when I grow up?

This is the question Kyle is asking himself. When he was little his answer to this question was always the same, "I don't want to grow up." Well my son, you're all grown up now and it's time to make a decision. So what's it going to be?

So here's the issue - he's come to the point in his college career when he must declare a major and he has no idea what to declare. He never wants my advice on anything and if I try to give it to him he just rolls his eyes and walks away. Now all of the sudden he wants me to make the most important decision of his life, well I'm just not going to do it. I have offered suggestions to no avail. He's brought home a book, with like a thousand pages, listing all of the possible college majors. Chris and I have both read this huge book and we've offered up almost every possibility with no luck at all. The problem is the book doesn't list professional son. I think he wants to spend the rest of his days living with us eating our canned pasta and drinking our powerade!

So, if you have ideas or suggestions on what Kyle can do with his future, please share them with him. He can roll his eyes at you for a while.

No comments: