Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christy's Stocking Update

Greetings friends and family,

I hope this finds all of you happy, fat and sassy after the holiday season. We had a very blessed Christmas and pray that each of you did as well.

I wanted to update you on Christy’s Stocking. Once again, with your generosity, we were able to raise over $2200.00 in gift cards plus LOTS of DVD’s, books, puzzles, crayons, coloring books, activity books and toys!!!! What a tremendous blessing!!

I will never be able to adequately thank you for your overwhelming generosity. I received a note this morning from Judi, the Child Life Coordinator at Children’s. Here is a small quote from her e-mail…..

”Thank you very much for the gift cards and other gifts. We put together gift baskets for 49 children. Christy’s Stocking will continue to give throughout the year and make it easier for families to come back and forth, to stay for weeks, or to celebrate special occasions. Thank you!!!!”

I continue to be amazed at how God uses each of you and the gifts you provide to Christy’s Stocking. You have no idea how happy my heart feels each time I think of Christy’s amazing spirit living through your gifts.

Those of you on facebook have already heard the story that I shared but it certainly merits being retold here. The first basket put together last year was for a young boy who was released from the hospital just a couple of days before Christmas. He was going home to a house without running water or electricity. Judi was able to give his family enough gas cards for the trip home, a restaurant card for a nice Christmas meal and enough Wal-Mart cards to provide gifts for the family. Judi had tears in her eyes as she shared this story with us and as I stood there listening, I was a blubbering mess. I couldn’t help but picture Christy’s face with that big ear to ear smile of hers. I know that she would be so thrilled at how you blessed this family and so many others.

Thank you just doesn’t seem to be enough but I offer it up to you in hopes that you can catch a small glimpse of our gratitude. I am looking so forward to spreading even more love in 2010!

Love to all,
Julie



DVD's, book, toys, etc donated to Christy's Stocking 2009.




Gift cards donated to Christy's Stocking 2009.





Josh, Kristen, Julie, Kyle & Chris delivering Chirty's Stocking 2009 to Children's Hospital.

No comments: