Monday, October 12, 2009

One Year

To all who may be wondering, I’m okay. I survived the one year mark, not great, but I survived. Josh, Kristen, Chris and I went to the cemetery on Saturday. The day matched my emotions perfectly; bitter, cloudy and cold. As we stood at Christy’s gravesite we all cried. What a blessing it is that Josh has a wife who will not only allow him to grieve but also shares his grief with him. I realized on Saturday, more than ever, why God chose Kristen for this season of Josh’s life.

On Sunday Chris and I went back to the cemetery. We planted mums at Christy’s grave and tulip bulbs at hers, my moms and grandparents graves. We were there for about 2 ½ hours, just working and remembering. (Thanks Brian & Jennifer for the beautiful mums! I had planned to buy some myself for Christy’s grave but the ones you brought were just perfect.)

Then, when we got home from the cemetery I got a phone call from Barbara. Frances (Puckett) Price’s son, James, was killed in a car accident on Sunday – October 11th. My heart fell to my feet as she repeated the words that I thought surely I had misunderstood. Oh Frances! Frances lost her husband in a car accident when her boys were small, and now she’s lost one of her sons the same way. How much can one woman live through? Why does one wife & mother have to endure so much? James leaves behind his wife and two very small children, please pray for this heartbroken family. Frances is Barbara’s cousin, so Barbara and her sisters are all headed to North Carolina today. Pray that they make it down and back safely. I can’t stop thinking of Frances, I know the heartbreak she’s going through all too well. I wish I could offer up words of comfort to her, but I know that I can not. Her pain has to be felt, she too will survive. Though I’m not sure how any of us do.

I have spent the past week thinking of little other than my sweet girl. Oh how I miss her so! Every single day my heart cries for her. I live each day clinging to the promise that we will one day be reunited. Please continue to pray for me as I walk this path. Thanks to each of you for your love and support.

Love to all,
Julie

1 comment:

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Julie,
Just wanted to tell you I was thinking of you and your family.
You're in my prayers,
Traci