Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just a small list of the things I miss about Christy

That big smile.
Her infectious laugh.
The funny sleep sounds.
Her when we all sit down to eat together.
That sparkle in her eye when children were around.
Her sweetness.
The way she loved – fully, completely.
Her strength.
Her wit.
The way she always matched her dress to Josh’s tie for church.
Her touch.
“Why do you even have a cell phone?!”
Deep discussions about Dancing With The Stars and American Idol.
Daily e-mailing.
Answering the phone to her voice.
Lazy afternoons basking in the sun on the porch swing.
The frenzy that ensued when she talked to Jack on the phone.
New Kids On The Block.
Pulling her hair up.
Phase 10.
Shopping.
Shaking our heads simultaneously while laughing at the boys.
Walking slowly.
Going for haircuts together.
That little rebellious side – yes, she had one!
“Love you.”

I was of the understanding that this would get easier. It’s just getting harder with every passing day. Just more time to miss my girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never imagined missing "walking slowly" but we have said that around our house many times these past few months. I love you. And I'm so sorry there is just no relief.

Josh Hildebrand said...

The person that should miss the "walking slowly" the least disspises walking fast now. I have no idea how you limited this list. If I started, I'd never finish. Damn the missing!