Monday, June 9, 2008

Funk

It’s Monday and I’m in a funk. I just can’t seem to pull myself out of it either. Yesterday should have been a great day, but I just couldn't seem to get myself in the mood to enjoy anything. Church was absolutely wonderful but after that the day just went downhill and I can’t even say why. I hate it when I get like this. What is my problem anyway? I feel like I’m in a slow moving wagon headed down a steep hill, I see everybody as I’m traveling down and they're all laughing and having a good time but I just can’t get off and join in. I’d rather just stay in the wagon and wallow in my sorrows. Its midlife I suppose, one of those wonderful phenomenon’s you just can’t put your finger on. I thought I had bypassed all this crap by having a hysterectomy but I suppose instead I just jumped in head first. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to deal with it. Hopefully I can have a decent post sometime later this week.

To put the focus where it should be - Would you please pray for Jason, Tracy, Bekah and Sammi. They need all of us right now and since we can’t be in Michigan with them let’s join up with them in prayer. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all have those days from time to time...and it's ok to have them. Don't be so hard on yourself. Life is a constant roller-coaster, and trust me when I say...you are not the only passenger.

We prayed for the Ballmes family in our church service yesterday and will continue to do so.